Founded in 1965, Metro Justice is Rochester’s leading grassroots, member-driven, progressive organization working for social and economic justice. We are committed to community organizing that advances our multi-issue platform for economic justice.
Summary of internship:
Communications Interns will work closely with program staff on campaigns and committees related to our “Fight for Economic Justice” campaign. Working on these efforts will likely include:
- Assisting in the development and production of new and existing communications materials; this includes drafting content for: email, website, and our print newsletter.
- Working with committees to develop best outreach strategies for events.
- Developing content for Facebook and Twitter.
- Researching best practices for social media and other communications strategies
- Assisting with research and execution of other projects as they arise.
Interns should be eager to build movements for social justice and develop the skills necessary to build sustainable communication strategies for small nonprofits.
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with an 8-20 hour a week commitment. Internships are available year round and may be adapted for specific needs. If you are interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org