Have a passion for social, economic and racial justice? Want to learn to organize movements as a summer job? Apply to be a Metro Justice Youth Organizer!
In recent years there has been a rising wave of youth activism and organizing. Metro Justice is excited to announce our Summer Youth Organizer position! We want to work with young people (aged 16-18) to help build local youth-based social movements. Through on the ground organizing projects and popular political education we expect to help young people become skilled, articulate and visionary organizers for change.
- Engage actively in political, economic and social justice learning through reading, discussion, film, culture, etc.
- Work as part of the Metro Justice team to identify short-term project that will positively impact community.
- Organize collectively-determined project while engaging other community youth and partners
- Facilitate group meetings and public events
- Recruit potential young activists to Metro Justice’s work
- Actively learn skills necessary to accomplish project
- Record video exit interview to help inspire future youth organizers
- A passion for racial, economic and social justice
- An interest in politics and social issues
- Ages: 16-18
- Live in the Rochester metropolitan area
- Able to commute to Metro Justice offices
- People of color, working class, women, LGBT, immigrant youth encouraged to apply.
- Position will last 12 weeks from June 25-Sept 14
- 15 hours per week
How to Apply:
Download and fill out the application found here then write a 300-500 word essay on what social, economic and racial justice means to you and send both to [email protected] by May 15th.
How to Support the Program:
If you're not a young person that plans to apply for this job, but would like to support the work that Metro Justice is doing to build youth leadership in social justice movements, you can do so by donating here. Donations will help us to expand and sustain this programming.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with